I originally printed this out from the Coles Online website, although I can't find it there anymore.
1 3/4 cups buttermilk warmed
2 8g sachets dried yeast
1 Tbsp caster sugar
1 x 450g packet gluten-free bread mix
1 Tbsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
3 tsp ground mixed spice
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups dried fruit*
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp gluten-free plain flour
4 Tbsp water
1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed for glaze
1. Preheat oven to 200 C or 180 C fan. Spray a 20cm x 30cm tray with cooking oil.
2. In a small bowl, combine warm buttermilk, yeast and caster sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes until bubbly.
3. In a large bowl, combine bread mix, xanthan gum, salt, spice, cinnamon and dried fruit. Stir well.
4. Add yeast mixture and eggs to the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer fitter with dough hooks, beat on medium for 5 minutes. Using a large spoon dipped into water, scoop out mixture and place onto prepared tray in 3 rows of 4. Set aside in a warm place to prove for 40 minutes (pic below is after proving).
5. Make up cross mixture by combining flour and water to form a smooth paste. Pipe cross mixture in long lines across the buns to form crosses.
6. Bake buns for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Brush tops of buns with glaze (jam)
*Check the ingredients list on the dried fruit. Many contain glucose syrup from wheat. I used Sunbeam mixed fruit.
M1: pomegranate, kiwi and strawberry smoothie
foam rolling, mobility exercises
M2: frittata, small apple
M3: open tofu sandwich, red cabbage
M4: lentils with cheese, salsa and egg; raw fajita veges
I will lose 10kg by 31 December